Our clients are assured of the Heath Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) that require healthcare providers to put in place certain measures to guard the privacy and confidentiality of patient information.
- RTechMD’s medical transcription system complies with HIPAA by encrypting patient data and using password protection to prevent unauthorized access.
- Have written agreements with every employ who receives protected health information from the client/service by which the employee agree to protect the integrity and confidentiality of protected health information exchanged with clients.
- Have a contingency plan in place that provides for
- (1) data backup
- (2) disaster recovery plan
- (3) emergency mode operation
- Have written policies and procedures establishing rules for granting access both inside and outside the organization) to protected health information.
We have taken additional measures to ensure compliance. To assure our clients of the safety of their healthcare data we have instituted these additional safeguards:
- Computers have been password protected to protect from unauthorized individuals gaining access to information.
- Firewall software has been installed to ensure that IP addresses are "invisible" and not accessible from the Internet.
- A secure server has been installed for file storage and electronic transfer of files.
- All files are named with a code to ensure protection.
- RTechMD utilizes software that allows the server to be monitored to guard against any unauthorized access.
- On all faxes RTechMD provides a warning to any individual not authorized to have access to the faxed information.
- RTechMD will destroy all voice and text files when their retention is no longer necessary. In doing this the files will be destroyed in a manner that they cannot be restored.